Monday, 9 January 2012

Traditional Wedding: Mod Style

Hi Hunnies,

Over the December break I was fortunate to be able to attend my friend's sisters traditional wedding. I havent been to one in years and I was pleasantly surprised to see how the Xhosa traditional garments have changed and become more westernised. I truly love and respect my culture and to see how local designers and seamstresses have manipulated the fabrics and designs to represent our culture today is beautiful.
 Everyone looked absolutely regal, not just the bride and groom and here are are a few photos I took to share with you :) 

Zintle Makalima was the Maid of Honour

My friend Ongi in a traditional Indian Sari.

Me and my dear, sweet friend Nunu <3
I thoroughly enjoyed these ladies outfits, especially the one in the middle, it is something I would definitely go for.
Lisa, my friend who's sister was getting married. She was one of the bridesmaids
A picture of the bride and her friends in traditional garments a month before the wedding. This picture was not taken by me but I do love their different takes on traditional attire and felt it fitting to include this :)

2 comments:

  1. i see you weren't in traditional garment sugeezy... smh..

    ReplyDelete