Monday, 12 September 2011

Suga Does D.I.Y :)

Okay so I have been desperate to create something on my own and after having come across the Top 11 D.I.Y Fashion blogs in the world I thought it would be a goog idea to start off by imitating what someone else made.

I had a tough time deciding if I wanted to make earrings, a bowtie or an actual item of clothing so I thought, let me stop being so ambicious and start off with a friendship chain.  So here is the image of mine then I'll share with you how you can make your own :)


I had to improvise a bit because I couldn't find the lanyard material and neither could I get a cool enough chunky gold chain but I think I did alright for myself :)

Here's how you can make your own.


Supplies:

- Chain, twice the length of your wrist
- Lanyard, 1-4 colors (I used 2)
 - Scissors
- Jewelry pliers (I used scissors)
- Jump rings
- Toggle or clasp closures



1) Cut two strands of lanyard, about 60 inches each


Fold both strands in half and tie a knot. Separate the strands like above; I used two colors so it'd be easy to follow along.

Fold the chain in half. Insert the two middle strands - one of each color/side - into the center link of the chain.

Fold it over the chain and towards the left, and insert it through the next empty link. Keep repeating, and you'll end up with something like this. Make sure you pull pretty tight; the slippery finish of lanyard makes it likely to unwravel and loosen from the chain.
The chain might be kind of wonky while you'r doing this, but just keep on going. You can straighten everything out later.
Repeat until you reach the end of the chain.


 Take the inner blue strand, and bring it under the chain and through the next empty link. I placed an arrow where the first "stitch" was.

THE FINISHED PRODUCT :)

No comments:

Post a Comment